Classes Schedule and Details
Coronavirus: Since the end of UK Lockdown on 2nd December – London has been categorised in ‘Tier 2’ and we can now restart face to face classes whilst abiding to government covid safe guidelines. Please keep an eye out here and on social media for further details on any upcoming virtual classes and announcements. NHS England has the latest health advice on coronavirus.
All classes must be pre-booked and paid for online and are capped at a Covid Secure level which has been verified by WAC and the Trustees/OMT group.
Please do not come on the day if you haven’t pre booked as you will be turned away
Currently we are limiting attendees only booking for one class per week, either Dance or Bateria but not both.
The Bateria class will now take place from 3.30pm to 5.00pm maximum 27 participants.
This class is open to members and the general public.
Book your session with us here.
Teacher: Mestre Fred Turuka
There will be one Dance Class from 6.00pm to 7.30pm maximum 27 participants. This class is open to members and the general public and will cover all levels of dance.
Book your session with us here
Dance Teacher Schedule
6th December : Douglas
13th December : Orquidea
20th December Marta
This has been a very difficult time for everyone and we hope we will be able to open up the classes to more people as things develop, but right now we just want to get people drumming and dancing again in a safe environment.
In light of COVID 19, the London School of Samba has created a procedure which aims to minimise the risk of Covid-19 exposure at the Waterloo Action Centre (WAC) during our samba classes but also reiterate the importance of infection control/health and safety on these premises.
Please be assured that the London School of Samba takes the COVID-19 very seriously; anyone who does not adhere to these rules deliberately will be escorted from the premises.
Alongside negotiations with WAC,Trustees and OMT the below has been agreed.
- Attendance is by prebooking only. There will be no drop in attendance.
- All sessions will contain a maximum of 27 participants plus the teacher in the large dance hall
- Whilst entering WAC and walking down the corridor a mask must be worn at all times, this is due to the nature of the narrow corridors which doesn’t allow us to carry out social distancing. The masks may be removed if you wish after entering the Bateria/Dance rehearsal space.
- Social distancing (2m) and appropriate hand hygiene must be followed at all times. Hand sanitizer will be provided at the exits/entrances but all attendees must wash their hands before entering the rehearsal halls.
- Please also refrain from any close person/person interaction e.g. handshakes and hugs/kisses as this places people at a risk of exposure.
- For the bateria, one drum only per person. Drums must not be swapped between players. Please confirm with the teacher which drum you will play BEFORE picking it up. There will be a short clean down of instruments after the session.
- Following the lesson attendees must leave the center promptly.