Become a volunteer
The London School of Samba is run by a group of volunteers. Without you we wouldn’t exist!! Most volunteer roles are fun and take up only a short amount of time. Volunteering can be rewarding and fun. It can be an opportunity to make new friends, develop some new skills, or contribute an existing expertise.
For more information please Contact: email@example.com
Volunteer roles are varied and could involve –
- Volunteer drivers to transport costumes to our barracao (carnival base).
- Volunteer make up artists.
- Volunteers – as many people as possible 1 to 10 hours per month.
- Stewards for carnival.
- Film makers to document carnival or elements of carnival.
- Premises search scouters.
- A volunteer to support the gigging wardrobe team, helping to sort through costumes, or take a costume to a gig or just making sure the website is updated with upcoming workshops.
- Volunteer costume makers.
- An eagle-eyed volunteer who can use their time to source items on Freecycle (ongoing).
- Film makers or photographers to document workshops.
Outreach and Education
- A photographer available during the day (CRB checked desirable).
- Volunteer to help to develop this strand of LSS activities.
- Volunteer to join outreach booking team (of 4)
Communications and Admin
- Anyone with WordPress skills willing to share some specific knowledge with a couple of our management team.
- Film makers and photographers to documents events, gigs and occasionally for classes for purposes of publicity.
- Fundraisers interested in helping us locate and secure funds for some specific projects on a commission basis.
Events and Gigs
- Gig finder. Another volunteer to join the Events and Bookings team (of 5) to specifically find gigs. For new gigs the gig finder can get 10% of the total fee.
If you would like to volunteer a skill or expertise but can’t see it listed above, please Contact: Ben – firstname.lastname@example.org anyway so that we can let you know if we need your skill or expertise in the future.