Costume workshops happen throughout the year focused either on our gigging wardrobe or our carnival extravaganza!
If you are feeling crafty, creative, or just plain curious, then please come and join us at any of our workshops and learn some new skills, or just polish up on your current ones. Our costume making involves sewing, cutting, beading, sticking and any number of other ‘ings’…
No matter what your skill level, there’s always an opportunity to get involved.
The glue guns are warmed up and ready to go!
You don’t need to be participating in carnival as a dancer or drummer.
LSS can also arrange formal internships for art and fashion students to help towards degrees. Come down and get your hands feathered, glittered and hot glued, and help us build costumes – we welcome and appreciate any help.
Costume Headquarters address is:
The Biscuit Factory/Tower Business complex
100 Clements Rd,
London, SE16 4DG
Keep an eye out on this page as we are always updating information here!
NEXT PUBLIC COSTUME WORKSHOPS
These are open to anyone wanting to take part in costume making even if not registered to take part on our carnival tour. If you are registered for carnival please see full programme of carnival costume workshops by clicking here.
Otherwise if you are not taking part in carnival and would like to drop in to take part see the following dates:
– Monday 6th October 6-9pm: Fridge magnet decorating for our crowd funding campaign.
- Thursday 16th OCTOBER 6-9pm: Decorating flesh coloured bodices for our winter carnivals.
– Thusday 30th OCTOBER 6-9pm: Fitting lights to costumes for Bridgwater carnival and completion of bodices.
– Thursday 13th NOVEMBER 6-9pm: New green bodiced bling up!
– Thursday 27th NOVEMBER 6-9pm: Green bodices bling up completion.
– Sunday 7th DECEMBER 12-5pm: End of year clear out/tidy up.
Let us know you are coming, by dropping us a line at firstname.lastname@example.org
For the full programme of carnival costume making workshops click here.
Make up workshop
If you would like to volunteer to do make up on our performers towards carnivals please contact the email@example.com to register your interest we can add you to this mailing list and you will be informed of any make up workshops.
NEXT MAKE UP WORKSHOP – dates to be confirmed, likely to be in early 2015.