The London School of Samba have been helping people experience Brazilian Carnival Arts since 1984. We provide dance, drumming, costume making and much more. We provide weekly dance and drumming classes as well as many other types of workshops. Each year we participate in the Notting Hill Carnival as well as other smaller parades. We also perform at live shows and gigs. We are linked to Brazil through our godmother school Mocidade, who won the 2017 Rio De Janeiro Carnival. We have been featured in many magazines, papers and TV shows. Our latest show was our appearance on Strictly Come Dancing.
To entertain, educate, and engage the public in traditional Brazilian carnival arts, for cultural, social and educational benefit.
We offer high quality, fun and open access training and workshops in:
- Costume design and making
- Carnival parade
- History of traditional Brazilian carnival arts
As well as opportunities for artistic and personal development to:
- Facilitate personal artistic development
- Facilitate artistic development in order to perform at LSS events
- Provide the opportunity to perform and participate at the world renown Notting Hill Carnival
- Provide the opportunity to volunteer and to learn about and contribute to the running of the school
And entertainment for:
- Carnivals and festivals
- Community and charity events
- Schools and educational centers
Our charitable objects
The London School of Samba is committed to advancing education for public benefit through the promotion of the arts – with particular but not exclusive reference to Samba music, dance, costume making and the culture and tradition of Afro-Brazilian Carnival.
Click on the links below to download copies of our policies and key documents: